The Board of Trustees believes it must give careful attention to the views of faculty, students, alumni, and staff and should take advantage of the expertise, interest, and concern of these university representatives through shared information and participation in the governing process.
Therefore, representatives appointed by and from the Deans, the Faculty Senate, the Student Government, the Graduate Leadership Council, the Alumni Board, the Staff Council, and the Student Bar Association are invited to serve as resource persons to the following Board committees:
- Academic Affairs
- Alumni Affairs and Development
- Campus Life
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Finance and Investment, and
- Trusteeship (Faculty Senate only)
These committees, in their sole discretion and for any matter deemed advisable, may meet in executive session, exclusive of resource persons.
Additionally, the vice chair of the Faculty Senate and chair of the Staff Council, the executive president of the Graduate Leadership Council, and the presidents of the Student Government, Student Bar Association, and Alumni Association are invited to the general sessions of Board meetings as resource persons. The Board in its sole discretion and for any matter deemed advisable may meet in executive session exclusive of resource persons.
Those persons serving as campus representatives, beginning May 2022 through April 2023, are:
- AU Alumni Board: Jonathan Mathis (KSB/BSBA '04), president
- Faculty Senate: Tom Merrill, vice chair
- Graduate Leadership Council: Stephan Fornah-Ovaa, president
- Staff Council: Jennifer Tether, chair
- Student Bar Association: Victoria Ramassini, president
- Student Government: Chyna Brodie, president
Updated July 2022