Undergraduate Advising Resources
At American University, undergraduate academic advising is a collaborative and purposeful partnership between advisors, the AU community, and students. Approached from a holistic perspective, this process considers and respects students' diverse backgrounds, interests, and abilities. Academic advisors facilitate the identification and achievement of the student's educational and professional goals.
Schedule an Appointment with your Academic Advisor
Drop-In Hours can be used for quick questions, obtaining signatures, internship and independent study registrations, and other low level issues. Drop-In Hours are limited to 10 minutes and are on a first come, first serve basis.
You may also contact or stop by the SPA Student Services at 202-885-6200 or Kerwin Hall Lobby M-F 9am-5pm EST to schedule an appointment.
What should I do if I want/need to…?
- Learn how to read a degree audit (coming soon)
- Register for classes
- Receive credit for an internship
- More information from Career Center
- Internship forms
- GOVT students: Review prerequisite information
- Register for an independent study
- Study abroad
- Take a course at another US institution - Permit to Study
- Pre-Law Study