- Additional Positions at AU
- Affiliate Faculty, Management Department, Kogod School of Business
- Associated Faculty, AU Center for Innovation
- Faculty Fellow, Metropolitan Policy Center
- PhD, Joint Degree, Public Policy, Georgia State University and the Georgia Institute of Technology
Lewis Faulk is an Associate Professor of Public Administration and Policy in the School of Public Affairs at American University. Dr. Faulk is a Fellow of the Metropolitan Policy Center at American University, Affiliate Faculty of the Management Department at Kogod School of Business, Affiliated Faculty of American University’s Center for Innovation, Editor in Chief of Nonprofit Management and Leadership, and Research Fellow of the Center for Organizational Research and Design at Arizona State University.
Dr. Faulk's research focuses on nonprofit management, nonprofit finance and entrepreneurship, and the intersection of nonprofit organizations and public policy. His current research investigates how nonprofit organizations respond to neighborhood gentrification and resident displacement, the effects of competition in the nonprofit sector, determinants of early organizational success, new public policies and policy tools that support social innovation, and factors that influence foundation grant-making, organizational capacity, financial health, and performance.
Dr. Faulk has a Ph.D. in Public Policy with a concentration in Nonprofit and Public Management from the joint Ph.D. program in Public Policy at Georgia State University and the Georgia Institute of Technology. He received the 2012 Gabriel G. Rudney Memorial Award for Outstanding Dissertation in Nonprofit and Voluntary Action by the Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action. His research has been published in the Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, Public Administration Review, Public Management Review, Journal of Behavioral Public Administration, International Public Management Journal, Public Performance & Management Review, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, Nonprofit Management and Leadership, VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, Foundation Review, and Nonprofit Policy Forum.
- See Also
- American University Metropolitan Policy Center
- Kogod School of Business Management Department
- American University Center for Innovation
- Independent Sector
- Arizona State University Center for Organization Research and Design (CORD)
- For the Media
- To request an interview for a news story, call AU Communications at 202-885-5950 or submit a request.
PUAD-685 Topics in Policy Analysis/Mgmt: Program Performance Eval/Mgmt
PUAD-899 Doctoral Dissertation
SPA-085 Topics in Public Affairs: How to Start a Non-Profit
PUAD-898 Doctoral Continuing Enrollment
SPA-085 Topics in Public Affairs: Key Issues Nonprofit Leaders