Storytellers for Changemakers - COMM 496.02
New Application-Based Experience for Fall 2023
Do you want to…
- Learn how strategic storytelling can change mindsets?
- Work across communications disciplines to help amplify messages?
- Work with an actual DC-based client?
- Gain professional experience in a classroom setting and earn 3 credits towards your major?
- Help run an actual agency, SOC3 and receive a $1,000 stipend in compensation?
Using a design-thinking approach, students will work with an actual client to devise innovative solutions to complex problems and opportunities through strategic storytelling. The cohort will be able to amplify messages related to topics such as public health, racial inequity, food insecurity or climate change to effect change and on behalf of organizations who share these missions and values. Students will also receive leadership training as part of the experience.
The ideal cohort will be comprised of students from a variety of communication disciplines; historically underrepresented minority students and students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Students who are U.S. citizens will receive a $1,000 stipend for their role in running SOC3. Open to all SOC Majors who are rising juniors or seniors. Held Tuesdays from 11:20a.m.-2:10p.m.
Click here for additional information
Click here to access the application
Deadline: Tuesday, April 4th by midnight
Please email Professor Kumar with any questions: email@example.com