Beginning July 5, the Media and Technology Services desk will be closing. Physical media (DVDs and Bluray discs) will be available for loan at the Circulation Desk on the library first floor. Media reserved for pick up, for screenings, or restricted for onsite use are located at the Circulation Desk.
Faculty reserving media or needing assistance should continue to contact Media Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Media Services Unit develops and maintains a collection of media materials; offers media related services; and provides classrooms, equipment, and other playback facilities in support of the academic and staff development programs of the University.
- Streaming Video
- Access thousands of videos, off campus or on campus - 24/7
- Streaming Guide
- Brief lists of streaming videos by topic. If you regularly use Media Services DVDs in your classroom, this guide can offer online streaming video alternatives.
- Visual Media
- A collection of 16,000+ DVDs to support AU academic programs.
- Sound Effects
- Effects on CDs and online free to use in student projects, films, and presentations.
- Home Use
- 10,000+ DVDs, feature films and docs that students can take out of the library.
- Compilations of our holdings in many commonly taught subject areas.
- Browsable Collections
- Browse picks from the Home Use Collection by topic area. Over 30 boards -Animation, Arab Cinema, Film Noir and many more.
- General Services
- Information about borrowing policies, presentation materials, and forms/requests.
- Faculty Services
- Faculty borrowing, curriculum design assistance, purchase requests, classrooms, etc.
- On-site Viewing
- Set up screenings for your class or watch material on your own in the Library.
- Searching Tips
- Helpful tips to improve your search results when using the media search box.