Learn more about auditioning for entrance into DPA degree programs:
- Music Degree Program Auditions
- Theatre/Musical Theatre Degree Program Auditions
- Dance Program Placement Auditions
Audition for Performance Opportunities
Learn more about auditioning for musical ensembles, dance, and theatre:
Performance & Ensemble Auditions
DPA Welcome Back Night
Wednesday, August 31, 8 p.m.
Abramson Family Recital Hall, Katzen Arts Center
Meet with students and faculty and learn more about opportunities in the Department of Performing Arts including majors, minors, productions, and ensembles. All interested are welcome to attend!
- Audio Technology: Alumni Kyle Murdock (CAS '21), a sound designer at VICE Audio, won a Third Coast International Audio Festival award for podcast he composed and engineered, and a series he worked on, Authentic: The Story of Tablo, was listed as one of the year's best podcasts by Vulture.
- Arts Management: Arts Management alumnae Quanice G. Floyd (CAS '16), co-founder and director of the Arts Administrators of Color network, shared her influences, industry outlook, and advice with Inside Philanthropy.
- Dance: Professor Erin Foreman-Murray spoke to WERA 96.7 Arlington about dance and embodied curiosity.
- Music: Professor Nancy Snider was awarded a $12,500 Koster Foundation Summer Study Grant from The Marinus and Minna B. Koster Foundation, Inc.
- Theatre/Musical Theatre: Professor Aaron Posner directs The Rivals at American Players Theatre in summer 2022 in Spring Green, Wisconsin.
- General Performing Arts
- Richard Streeks at 202-885-3422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts Management
- Andrew Taylor at 202-885-1601 or email@example.com
- Audio Technology
- Michael Harvey at 202-885-6302 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erin Foreman-Murray at 202-885-3942 or email@example.com
- Ann Kang at 202-885-3859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theatre/Musical Theatre
- Karl Kippola at 202-885-3464 or email@example.com
To show solidarity and support for Ukraine, the American University Orchestra and Band in Washington, DC recorded the Ukrainian National Anthem on March 2, 2022.