Plan Your Visit
Open: Wednesday–Sunday, 11:00–4:00
February 4–May 21
Admission free and all facilities fully accessible
- Parking: Free on weekends, or metered weekdays until 5.
- Please see Directions and Public Transportation (free AU Shuttle
from Metro Red Line) below and Special Events.
Health & Safety Guidelines
To enter the museum, visitors must show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test:
- Visitors aged 5 and older must show proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to visiting.
- Each visitor must present these documents upon entry.
Masks are optional.
AU Museum also requests that visitors please avoid bringing
- Open food or drink.
- Large personal belongings including backpacks and suitcases. We cannot hold these items for you, and they are not permitted in the museum.
These protocols may change as American University continues to monitor local and national guidelines. This webpage will be updated with the latest information. For more resources, visit AU's COVID-19 webpage.
Metrorail & Metrobus
From the Tenleytown/AU Metro Red Line stop, proceed east to 40th St. (behind Whole Foods and near Albemarle St.) for the AU Shuttle or M4 DC Metro bus. Disembark at Nebrasksa Avenue and Ward Circle to reach the museum.
Metered parking is available in the Katzen Arts Center, payable via kiosk on level P1 or by phone, 8:00-5:00 on weekdays. Both credit cards and cash are accepted. Remember your license plate number before leaving your car to pay. Parking is free on weekends, holidays, and weekdays after 5:00.
Please park in general parking spaces, not reserved or visitor parking.
The museum store is currently closed. Current exhibition catalogs can be purchased on-site inside the museum. Previous exhibition catalogs can be purchased by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.