Friends of the Center for Israel Studies
Since its founding in 1998, the Center for Israel Studies (CIS) has established itself as a pioneer and a national leader in the field of Israel Studies. CIS looks beyond the Arab-Israeli conflict to present modern Israel's history, vibrant society and culture, multi-ethnic democracy, and complex geopolitical challenges. Each year the center presents dynamic, relevant, and thought-provoking programming about Israel for the wider community to enhance its academic offerings.
We invite you to support our mission to increase knowledge and learning about Israel by becoming a Friend of CIS. When you become a Friend, your contribution directly supports our programs. Your contribution will help to:
- expand courses related to Israel
- provide scholarships for students to study and travel in Israel
- provide fellowships for talented graduate students-the future leaders in Israel Studies
- host visiting faculty from Israel for teaching, guest lectures, and innovative research
- present a broad range of cultural and academic programs, conferences and performances
Members of all levels will enjoy invitations to lectures, conferences, panels, concerts, and other public events of the Center for Israel Studies, as well as advance communication about all special events of the center.
Demonstrate your commitment to Israel education by becoming a Friend of the American University Center for Israel Studies. For more information, please
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- visit our Membership Sign-Up Page
American University Center for Israel Studies Membership Levels
Israel Studies Circle $18,000+
- exclusive, one on one meetings with Center faculty, visiting scholars, and artists
- Sponsor a graduate student in Israel Studies. Meet the student and follow his/her progress throughout the year.
- Benefits of Guardian Circle
Guardian Circle $10,000-$17,999
- Opportunity for you and a guest to join an intimate Center dinner with a visiting scholar or artist
- An exclusive dinner for Israel Studies Circle members at the residence of College of Arts & Sciences dean
- Benefits of Founder's Circle
Founders Circle $2,500-$9,999
- Invitation to the American University President's Circle Dinner (The President's Circle is AU's premier donor recognition society)
- Invitation to a Founder's Circle-only lunch and discussion with the CIS Director and Israel Studies faculty
- Opportunity to audit an Israel Studies course for 1 semester
- Benefits of Benefactor Circle
Benefactor Circle $1,000-$2,499
- Invitation to a private guided tour of any exhibition of Israeli art at the American University Museum
- Invitations to "Cocktails and Conversation" salons with Center faculty and distinguished visitor speakers
- Reserved seating at CIS events.
- Benefits of Chaverim
- Invitation to exclusive "Friends-only" CIS events.
Young Chaverim (ages 21-35) $72
- Benefits of Chaverim
For more information about Center for Israel Studies giving opportunities, please visit the
donations page or contact:
Assistant Dean of Development,
College of Arts and Sciences