Once you register as a fulltime student, the health insurance charge will automatically be posted to your account. Students on F-1 and J-1 Visas, and students living on campus, will also have the health insurance charge posted to their account upon enrollment. The deadline to submit a waiver appeal was September 12, 2022
To complete your waiver, please visit Academic HealthPlans.
You will need to login with the following information:
- Login – Please ente your 7 digit numeric AUID (the number found on your ID card, not your AU username)
- Password - Date of Birth in MMDDYYYY format, unless previously changed. (Ex: 01011990)
The deadline to submit a Fall waiver request is September 12, 2022. Waiver requests will not be accepted after that date.
- All full-time students, residential students, and students on F1 and J1 visas at AU must have insurance that provides comprehensive coverage in Washington, DC. If you're in a required category, you will be enrolled automatically in AU's student health insurance plan. This premium is charged to your student account.
- If you have another insurance plan that provides comprehensive coverage in Washington DC, you may request a waiver and, if approved, the charge (e.g. the health insurance premium) will be removed from your student account.
- You must request a health insurance waiver every year that you are required to have health insurance.
- After you submit your waiver request, it will be reviewed and a decision made within 5 business days. Please be aware that approval is not automatic. You will receive an email when your waiver decision has been made.
- Do you still have questions? Do you find that aspects of the process are difficult or unclear? Please read through these Frequently Asked Questions You will find many answers there — along with contact information for customer support, waiver appeals, and more information to help you out.