Once you register as a fulltime student, the health insurance charge will automatically be posted to your account. Students on F-1 and J-1 Visas, and students living on campus, will also have the health insurance chanrge posted to their account upon enrollment. The Fall waiver process will open on May 16, 2022. The deadline to submit a waiver appeal is September 12, 2022
To complete your waiver, please visit Academic HealthPlans.
You will need to login with the following information:
- Login – Please ente your 7 digit numeric AUID (the number found on your ID card, not your AU username)
- Password - Date of Birth in MMDDYYYY format, unless previously changed. (Ex: 01011990)
The deadline to submit a Fall waiver request is September 12, 2022. Waiver requests will not be accepted after that date.
- All full-time students, residential students, and students on F1 and J1 visas at AU must have insurance that provides comprehensive coverage in Washington, DC. If you're in a required category, you will be enrolled automatically in AU's student health insurance plan. This premium is charged to your student account.
- If you have another insurance plan that provides comprehensive coverage in Washington DC, you may request a waiver and, if approved, the charge (e.g. the health insurance premium) will be removed from your student account.
- You must request a health insurance waiver every year that you are required to have health insurance.
- After you submit your waiver request, it will be reviewed and a decision made within 5 business days. Please be aware that approval is not automatic. You will receive an email when your waiver decision has been made.
- Do you still have questions? Do you find that aspects of the process are difficult or unclear? Please read through these Frequently Asked Questions You will find many answers there — along with contact information for customer support, waiver appeals, and more information to help you out.